- Delivered multi-day Kanban training workshops as part of Ocado’s internal academy.
- Ran a team workshop to establish a set of team KPIs, then implementing them.
- Executed an “improvement Kata” programme to drive continuous improvement.
- Frequently facilitated the team’s weekly retrospective.
- Participated in Portfolio Wall review meetings, suggesting process improvements to take into account Cost of Delay in the division-wide prioritisation process.
- Developed a “Definition of Ready” (to work in tandem with the “Definition of Done”) so that blockers could be more easily identified and resolved before development begins.
- Created “Things to Discuss” meetings in order to smooth team norming.
- Put together a lunchtime workshop to improve estimation within confidence intervals, based upon examples seen in Hubbard’s “How to Measure Anything”.
- Taken part in many user workshops.
- Analysed a range of electronic Kanban tools to evaluate which would best suit our team.
- Encouraged regular Squad Health Checks (following the Spotify model).
- Was a part of a department that carried out a self-selecting restructuring session, resulting in self-organising self-organising teams!
I write a blog called Agile Aspirations.
Here are some recent posts from my blog:
I have also written for the Ocado Technology blog.
I have been accepted as a speaker at the following conferences:
Conferences I've attended
Podcasts I listen to